I. University Profiles
Northwest University of Political Science and Law (NWUPL) has a disciplinary system featuring legal studies as well as the coordinated development of philosophy, economics, management, and literature. NWUPL is the legal education and research center, and an important base for humanities and social science research, in northwest China. It has been awarded membership to the Legal Alliance among top legal institutes of higher education in China. The university is located in the historical and cultural city of Xi’an, covering an area of 1,347 acres (approximately 898,000 square meters) with two campuses, Chang’an campus and Yanta campus.
II. Programs Introduction
The university will issue graduation certificates to international students who have completed the corresponding training programs within the specified study period and have passed the exams, and the university will award the degree certificates if they meet the requirements of the corresponding degrees.
The university also carries out the Chinese language Program for international students, which lasts for one semester. Students will be issued the certificate of completion after completing the required courses within the study period.
III. Main Majors (all taught in Chinese)
Undergraduates: Law, E-commerce and Law, International Economics and Trade. Program duration: 3-6 years.
Graduate students: law, economics, management. Program duration: 3-5 years.
Doctoral students: Law. Program duration: 3-5 years.
For more information about enrollment in other majors at the university, please contact the School of International Education.
IV. Qualifications for Application
1. 18 years old or above, physically and mentally healthy.
2. Applicants for the undergraduate program and the Chinese language training program must have graduated from high school or above; Students applying for the postgraduate program must have a bachelor’s degree or above; Students applying for the doctoral program must have a master’s degree or above.
3. Applicants should hold a valid passport of a country other than China or a document certifying nationality other than China for at least 4 years (inclusive), and have actually resided in the issuing country of the passport (document certifying nationality) for at least 2 years within the last 4 years (before April 30 of the admission year) (actual residence of 9 months in a year can be counted as one year, based on the entry and exit stamps).
4. Applicants for the undergraduate program must have passed the New Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) Level 4; Applicants for the postgraduate and doctoral programs must have passed the New Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) Level 5; There is no language requirement for applicants of the Chinese Language Program.
5. Applicants should be law-abiding and have no criminal record.
V. Application Procedure
Complete the NWUPL Application Form for International Students in Chinese or English and send it in PDF form with the following specific application materials to the designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application materials include:
1. Original or notarized highest education certificate (recent graduates may first provide a certificate of graduation).
2. Original or notarized transcripts of the highest education, original or notarized certificates of various awards.
3. Transcripts of the new Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK) (for degree programs).
4. The first page of valid general passport, all visa pages and passport photo.
5. “FOREIGNER PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM” (within the last 4 months).
6. Proof of financial guarantee (proof of parents’ income or bank deposit).
7. Non-criminal record (within the last 4 months).
8. A letter of recommendation from the university.
9. Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors (or equivalent) for postgraduate and doctoral programs.
10. Personal statement (handwritten, including the applicant’s academic or professional interests and background, planned research directions, future career goals, etc.) for postgraduate or doctoral program.
Matters needing attention: 1. Notarized documents in Chinese must be submitted for non-Chines e documents; 2. The above application documents will not be returned regardless of acceptance or rejection; 3. The original documents must be presented upon arrival.
VI. Application Period
From now until June 30, 2021.
VII. Assessment and Admission
The admission assessment is a combination of material evaluation, written test, interview, and a comprehensive test of students’ academic background, academic level, language ability, status qualification and financial ability.
The admission results will be notified via telephone or email before August 1st. Admission letters and JW202 Forms will be sent to the final confirmed students afterwards.
VIII. Enrollment Time
The reporting time for international students is proposed to be in early September, and the specific time is determined by the Notice of Acceptance of International Students of Northwest University of Political Science and Law.
In view of the global COVID-19 epidemic situation, all international students must sign the promise form to report to the university in advance and promise not to come to China without the permission of the university, and the specific time to come to the university shall be subject to the notice of the university, otherwise the admission qualification will be cancelled.
1. Undergraduate tuition fee is RMB 14,000 per year; graduate tuition fee is RMB 18,000 per year; Doctoral tuition fee is RMB 26,000 per year; Advanced Chinese language tuition fee is RMB 8,000 per semester.
2. Accommodation fees are RMB 3,000 per year and RMB 1,500 per semester
3. Undergraduate textbook fee is approximately RMB 700 per year; graduate and doctoral student textbook fees are approximately RMB 600 per year; Chinese language textbook fee is approximately RMB 300 per semester.
4. Insurance fees are RMB 800 per year and RMB 400 per semester.
5. Residence permit processing fee is RMB 400 per year
6. Medical examination review fee is about RMB 350.
The University offers "the Belt and Road" Scholarship for International Students, which includes basic scholarship (waive tuition fee, accommodation fee, insurance fee and basic textbook fees) and living allowance. The living allowance will be awarded according to the students’ overall performance during their study period.
NWUPL is also the recommended sponsor of Shaanxi Sanqin Scholarship for International Students and Xi’an "the Belt and Road" Scholarship for International Students, and students can apply according to the conditions after enrolling.
The international students will be accommodated in students’ apartment in Chang’an Campus, which is equipped with air conditioning, private bathroom and shower, in addition to basic living facilities.
XII. Contact Information
Address: No. 558 West Chang’an Street, Chang’an District，Xi’an City, Shaanxi Province, P.R.China
School of International Education, Northwest University of Political Science and Law, Administration Building B411.
Postal Code: 710122
Tel & Fax: 0086-29-88182460
Contacts: Miss. Wei, Miss. Peng
APPLICATION FORM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.doc